Chorizo and Mushroom Pasta
with creamy pesto sauce
Did you know that linguine means “little tongues“ in Italian? A fitting name seeing as this family-friendly recipe is designed to delight the tastebuds of those both young and old.
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the linguine.
- When the water is boiling, add the linguine then bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Clean and roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (no oil).
- Once hot, fry the chorizo until it starts to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the pan if necessary along with the mushrooms and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Fry until browned, 6-8 mins.
- Add the pasta, pesto and creme fraiche.
- Stir well to coat and cook for 1-2 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide your creamy pesto and chorizo pasta between bowls.
- Garnish with the cheese.