Chorizo Stuffed Chicken Breast
with roast baby potatoes and caramelised onion gravy
As is seen in a lot of Iberian cooking, chicken and chorizo make a classic combination. For good reason! The chorizo stuffing in this recipe adds a slightly smoky flavour to the succulent chicken breast, with breadcrumbs and Italian style cheese for a bit of added bite!
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Rub the oil over the potatoes then lay them cut-side down on the baking tray.
- Roast on the top shelf of the oven until fork tender, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- Fry chorizo for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat. Add breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Slice a pocket horizontally into the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and packaging.
- Spoon the chorizo mix into the pocket.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from the chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Lower the heat of the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil to coat evenly.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts onto one side of the baking tray with the potatoes.
- Roast until cooked through, 18-20 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Place a medium pot over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the onion until golden, stirring occasionally, 8-10 mins.
- Add 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p) and cook, stirring, 1-2 mins.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp flour and 200ml cold water (double both for 4p) together with the chicken stock powder.
- Add the thyme sprig and the flour to the pot. Bring to the boil and simmer until thickened, 3-4 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, give the pan a wipe then return it to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Trim the green beans.
- Once the oil is hot, add the green beans to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until starting to char, 2-3 mins, then add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until the green beans are tender, 4-5 mins.
- Remove the thyme sprig from the onion gravy and discard.
- Divide the roast baby potatoes, chicken and tender green beans between plates.
- Pour the onion gravy over the cheesy chorizo stuffed chicken.