Creamy Tofu Curry
with roasted broccoli and rice
Though it may be a snap to make, this isn't your ordinary curry in a hurry. Loads of veggies, cubes of golden fried tofu, lashings of rich and creamy sauce... what more could you want?
Korma Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for 10 mins. Remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut head into small florets and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Pop the broccoli onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with pepper then toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer and roast on the top shelf of your oven until edges are slightly charred, 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain the tofu and chop into 2cm cubes. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the tofu until slightly crispy, 7-10 mins.
- Shift frequently to ensure it doesn't burn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl, pop your pan back on medium-high heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened, 4-5 mins.
- Stir in the garlic, korma paste and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add 50ml water and ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p) then stir in the vegetable stock powder.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until reduced by one-third, 4-5 mins.
- Stir in the coconut milk, the broccoli and the tofu and cook until piping hot, 1-2 mins.
- Taste the curry and add more salt, pepper or sugar if you feel it needs it.
- Loosen with a splash of water if it's thickened too much.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork then spoon into bowls.
- Top with the tofu curry and a sprinkling of scallion.