Crispy Pork Mince Risotto
Crispy Pork Mince Risotto
with sage butter and zesty lemon juice
Crispy pork mince is an unexpected but definitely welcome addition to this creamy risotto. Even more innovative inclusions come in the form of toasted pine nuts and crispy sage leaves.
Total Time45 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(May be present Peanut, Nuts, Sesame, Cereals containing gluten)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)790 kcal
Energy (kJ)3307 kJ
of which saturates10.8 g
of which sugars3.7 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Pour 1L water (double for 4p) into a pot on high heat.
- Add the stock, stir to combine. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to the lowest setting.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Halve the lemon. Cut half (double for 4p) into thick wedges.
- Place a large, wide-bottomed pot over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the onion until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Stir in the risotto rice and cook until the edges of the rice are translucent, 1-2 mins.
- Stir in a ladle of your stock. When it's been absorbed, stir in another ladle.
- Keep the pot on medium heat and continue adding stock, letting it absorb each time.
- The cooking time should be 25-30 mins and your risotto is done when the rice is al dente—cooked through but with a little firmness left in the middle.
TIP: Add a splash of water if it's too dry.
- While the risotto cooks place a pan over medium heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the pine nuts and dry-fry, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins. Remove from the pan.
- Return pan to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- Add the sage leaves and fry for 2-3 mins until crispy, shifting as they cook.
- When crisp, remove the leaves and remaining butter from the pan.
TIP: Watch the pine nuts carefully so they don't burn.
- Return the pan to a high heat, adding a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork mince and half the Italian herbs (double for 4p).
- Fry until pork is brown and crispy, 10-12 mins.
- Use a spoon to break it up as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Divide the creamy risotto between bowls.
- Top with the crispy mince, pine nuts and buttery sage leaves.
- Drizzle over any remaining sage butter.
- Serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze over.