Garlic Butter Prawns
with green beans, carrots and rice
It doesn't get much better than popping prawns basted in a rich garlicky butter sauce. A helping of something healthy comes in the form of perfectly charred and softened green beans and carrot.
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 10 mins, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Quarter the lemon.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Trim the green beans.
- Trim the carrot and halve lengthways (no need to peel). Chop into roughly 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the carrot and green beans until starting to char, 2-3 mins.
- Lower heat to medium and cook for 1 min then add a splash of water and cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until the veg is tender, 4-5 mins.
- Drain any excess water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Give the pan a wipe then return to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the prawns until cooked through, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw prawns. Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and paprika to the prawns and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Squeeze in the juice of half of the lemon wedges.
- Add the chopped parsley and veg to the pan and toss together with the prawns.
- Cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
TIP: Reserve a pinch of parsley for garnish if desired.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between plates.
- Top with the green beans, carrots and garlic prawns.
- Drizzle over the parsley butter sauce from the pan.
- Serve the remaining lemon wedges on the side.
- Finish with a sprinkling of any remaining parsley.