Spiced Sweetcorn Soup
with Greek style cheese and tortilla strips
A warming and hearty bowl of goodness filled with Mexican-inspired features and flavours. Sweetcorn, crumbled cheese and toasted tortillas are just a few of the things that make this soup special.
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Greek Style Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim the carrot, then quarter lengthways (no need to peel). Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Drain the sweetcorn in a sieve.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the carrot with the Mexican spice mix until fragrant, 2-3 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock powder, chopped tomatoes, 400ml water and ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Cover and simmer until the carrot is tender, 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat with a knob of butter.
- Once hot, add the drained sweetcorn and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden brown, 4-5 mins.
- Once charred, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Cut half the tortillas (double for 4p) into thin strips. Cut each strip in half widthways.
- Lay out on a baking tray in a single layer (use two trays if necessary).
- Bake in the oven until crispy and golden, 6-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, zest and quarter the lemon.
- Once the soup is cooked, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the creme fraiche to the soup and mix well to incorporate.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
TIP: Add a splash of water if you feel the soup is too thick.
- Divide the soup between bowls.
- Crumble in the Greek style cheese.
- Top with buttered corn, lemon zest, chopped coriander and tortilla strips.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve any remaining lemon wedges alongside.