Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
with broccoli and rice
Fans of fish are sure to love this healthy yet delicious Asian-inspired recipe. Even better, the whole thing comes together in less than 30 minutes. That just means you've got more time to enjoy the appealing umami flavour of this tangy teriyaki dish.
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a medium pot over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p). Once hot, fry the garlic for 1 min.
- Add rice, 1⁄4 tsp salt and 300ml water (double both for 4p). Bring to the boil then lower heat to medium, cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve (keep covered so rice can cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, lay the salmon, skin-side down, onto a lined baking tray.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the oven is hot, roast the salmon on the top shelf until cooked through, 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw fish. The salmon is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil. Once hot, fry the broccoli for 2-3 mins.
- Add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until the broccoli is tender, 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and stir in half the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover and set aside.
- Wipe the (now empty) pan and return to medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, dry-fry the sesame seeds, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins.
- Remove half from the pan.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce, 25ml water (double for 4p) and remaining sesame oil into the pan.
- Stir together and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Once the fish is cooked, carefully add it to the pan (reheat the sauce first if needed).
- Turn the salmon in the sauce to evenly glaze it.
- When ready, fluff up the garlic rice with a fork and divide between your plates.
- Top with the teriyaki salmon, spooning over any sauce left in the pan.
- Sprinkle over the remaining sesame seeds and serve with the broccoli alongside.