Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
with broccoli and garlic rice
Fans of fish are sure to love this nutritious yet delicious Asian-inspired recipe. Even better, the whole thing comes together in less than 30 minutes. That just means you've got more time to enjoy the appealing umami flavour of this tangy teriyaki dish.
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a pot over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- Once hot, fry the garlic for 1 min then add rice, 1⁄4 tsp salt and 300ml water (double both for 4p).
- Bring to the boil then lower heat to medium, cover and cook for 10 mins. Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, lay the salmon, skin-side down, onto a lined baking tray.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the oven is hot, roast the salmon on the top shelf until cooked through, 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish. Salmon is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Meanwhile, trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut head into florets and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the broccoli for 2-3 mins then add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until the broccoli is tender, 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and stir in half the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, cover and set aside.
- Wipe the (now empty) pan and return to medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, dry-fry the sesame seeds, shifting as they colour, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins.
- Remove half the seeds from the pan.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce, 25ml water (double for 4p) and remaining sesame oil into the pan.
- Stir together and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Once the fish is cooked, carefully add it to the pan (reheat the sauce first if needed).
- Turn the salmon in the sauce to evenly glaze it.
- When everything is ready, fluff up the garlic rice with a fork and divide between plates.
- Top with the teriyaki salmon, spooning over any sauce left in the pan.
- Sprinkle over the remaining sesame seeds.
- Serve the broccoli alongside.