Teriyaki Mushroom Noodles
Teriyaki Mushroom Noodles
with optional egg and sesame seed garnish
Sunny-side up or over easy? A perfectly cooked fried egg sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and scallions is the crowning jewel of this deliciously savoury teriyaki veggie dish.
Under 650 calories
•Egg(s) not included
Total Time30 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Red Thai Style Paste
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)508 kcal
Energy (kJ)2125 kJ
of which saturates0.7 g
of which sugars19.3 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Pan with Lid
- Quarter the mushrooms, halving any larger quarters.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the lime.
- Peel and grate the ginger and garlic. Use a teaspoon to easily scrape away the ginger's peel.
- Place a pan over medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins.
- Remove from the pan once toasted and set aside.
- Return the (now empty) pan to high heat with a good glug of oil.
- When hot, fry the onion, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms until fragrant, 7-8 mins.
TIP: Watch the seeds like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of salted water for the noodles.
- When the water is boiling, cook the noodles until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve and return to the pot with a splash of oil. Toss to prevent sticking.
TIP: To save time, boil the water in your kettle.
- Place a separate pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the eggs (1 per person), until the white is cooked and the yolk is your desired firmness, 4-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, trim the pak choi, then separate the leaves. Cut each leaf in half lengthways.
- Add the pak choi to the veg in the pan.
- Stir-fry until softened, 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce, red Thai paste, juice of half the lime and 100ml water (double for 4p) and mix carefully.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar — all to taste.
- Stir in the cooked egg noodles, cover and cook for 1-2 mins.
TIP: Add a splash of water if the sauce needs loosening.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Share the noodles between your bowls and top with your fried egg seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallion.
- Chop any remaining lime into wedges and serve alongside.