Teriyaki Prawn Noodles
with pak choi and refreshing salad
This vibrant dish takes inspiration from East Asian flavours. Prawns are pan-seared to a tender finish and glazed in a rich teriyaki sauce. Added crunch is provided by the spicy and fresh cucumber and scallion salad.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the noodles.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Drain in a sieve then return to the pot (off the heat) with a splash of oil. Toss to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Trim half the cucumber. Quarter lengthways and chop widthways into small pieces.
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed then finely chop.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Pop the cucumber, chilli (use less if you don't like spice) and scallion into a bowl along with the lime juice and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix together then set aside.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the prawns and cook for 3-4 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw prawns. The prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- While the prawns cook, trim the pak choi, and thinly slice widthways.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Add the pak choi and garlic to the prawns and cook for 3-4 mins, shifting as they colour.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the teriyaki sauce and noodles.
- Gently toss to combine and coat the prawns in the sauce.
- Stir through the lime zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the prawn noodles in bowls.
- Top with the cucumber salad (including the juices from the bowl).