Tomato and Prawn Risotto
with rocket side salad
Too complex to cook? Not with our easy to follow recipe! You won't believe how simple it is to whip yourself up a plate of perfectly al dente prawn risotto with bursting balsamic tomatoes.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil 1L water (double for 4p) in a medium pot on high heat. When boiling, mix in the stock and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Zest the lemon, cut half into wedges and squeeze the rest. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Mix prawns in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p), half the garlic and half the lemon zest. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw prawns.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Roughly tear the basil leaves.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) in a large pot over medium heat.
- Fry onion and remaining garlic for 1-2 mins.
- Add the risotto rice and fry for 1-2 mins. Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Stir in a ladle of your stock. When it has been absorbed by the rice, stir in another ladle.
- Keep the pot on medium heat and continue stirring in stock, letting it absorb each time. The cooking time should be 25-30 mins. Your risotto is done when the rice is al dente—cooked through but with a tiny bit of firmness left in the middle.
- Add additional water if the risotto becomes too dry.
- On a lined baking tray, mix the cherry tomatoes with a drizzle of oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the marinated prawns and bake in the oven for 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: The prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the salad leaves with a drizzle of oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, prawns (including any liquid), remaining lemon zest and half the basil to the risotto.
- Stir well.
- Divide the risotto between your plates.
- Serve the salad on the side and garnish with the rest of the basil and lemon wedges.