Chorizo and Bean Stew
with courgette and crusty baguette
This hearty chorizo and bean stew filled with velvety leeks makes the perfect midweek meal. You'll find it's super simple to prepare and the slight spice from the chorizo means this dish will be warming in more ways than one!
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Dried Chilli Flakes
(Contains Wheat, Barley May be present Soya, Milk)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim and thinly slice the leek.
- Trim the courgette, quarter lengthways and chop widthways into 1cm chunks.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the leek and chorizo.
- Cook until the leek is softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Cook chorizo thoroughly.
- Add the cannellini beans, half the dried Italian herbs (double for 4p) and chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice) to the pot.
- Cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, 1 min.
- Pour in the passata, muscat and 400ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the veg is tender, 10-12 mins.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- When 5 mins of cooking time remain, remove the lid and add the courgette.
- Cook until softened, 5 mins.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar, if desired.
- Pop the baguettes into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Dish up spoonfuls of healthy, hearty cannellini bean and chorizo stew.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and grated cheese.
- Serve the warm baguette alongside.