Fragrant Asian Chicken
with roast broccoli and rice
Tangy, slightly sweet, and with just a bit of bite—this fragrant Asian chicken is sure to go down a treat with everyone in your house.
(Contains Wheat, Sesame, Soya)
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Garlic, Ginger & Lemongrass Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 12 mins. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 12 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the onion into eight wedges.
- Trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut head into small florets and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Pop the broccoli and onion onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the edges are crispy and slightly charred, 10-15 mins.
- Place a large pan over medium heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins.
- Once toasted, transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- Lay the chicken out on a board and place your hand flat on top. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks.
- Repeat with the other breast(s).
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook through, 3-6 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add hoisin, lemongrass paste and 75ml water (double for 4p).
- Lower heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 2-3 mins.
- Add a knob of butter. Use a spoon to baste the chicken in the sauce.
TIP: Loosen with a splash of water if needed!
- When everything is ready, fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between plates.
- Top with the roast veg, glazed chicken and buttery hoisin sauce.
- Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce.
- Scatter over the toasted sesame seeds to finish.