Pesto and Courgette Pasta
with salad leaves
There's nothing better than a heaping bowl of pasta packed with plenty of flavour, and that's exactly what this pesto and courgette rigatoni brings to the table. You definitely aren't going to miss the meat in this delicious veggie dish.
Greek Style Cheese
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the pasta.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Trim the courgette, then quarter lengthways. Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Cut the tomato into 2cm chunks.
- Cook the pasta, covered, for 14-16 mins. Then drain and let it steam without the lid.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion for 2 mins. Add the courgette and tomato and fry for 5-6 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the Greek style cheese into ½ cm cubes and tear the basil leaves into small pieces.
- Add the pasta and the pesto to the pan and heat for 1 min.
- In a salad bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad leaves in the dressing.
- Divide the salad leaves and pasta between the plates.
- Garnish the dish with the Greek style cheese and basil.