Blue Cheese Burgers
with herby wedges
These succulent herby burgers are super simple to assemble but when it comes to flavour, they really pack a punch. Added tastiness comes in the form of the beautiful blue cheese topping, juicy tomato, and mouth-watering potato wedges.
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- Roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Deseed and finely chop half the chilli (double for 4p).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Thinly slice the tomato.
- Mix the garlic, oregano, chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice) and half the parsley together in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp water and half the breadcrumbs (double both for 4p).
- Season with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper (double both for 4p).
- Add the beef mince. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Shape into burgers about 2cm thick, 1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the burgers until browned and cooked through, 12-14 mins.
- Turn every 4 mins, lowering heat if needed. IMPORTANT: Beef is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove pan from heat. Place some cheese on top of each burger. Cover and set aside until cheese is melted, 3-4 mins.
TIP: Not a fan of blue cheese? Don't worry, these burgers will still be delicious without!
- Just before the wedges are finished cooking, pop the brioche buns into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Once cooked, toss the remaining parsley with the crispy wedges.
- When everything is ready, spread some mayo over each bun base.
- Add the burger and sliced tomato then close with the bun lid.
- Serve with the herby potato wedges alongside.