Chorizo and Mozzarella Rigatoni
with wilted spinach and rocket salad
This is a simple pasta dish featuring standout ingredients to make for a meal that's easy to assemble but still tastes great. Melted mozzarella and slightly spicy chorizo are only a few of the noteworthy elements in this easy weeknight meal.
Dried Chilli Flakes
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the pasta and cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the chorizo until it's starting to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock powder, chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice) and 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, 5-6 mins.
- Roughly chop the parsley, stalks and all.
- Once the sauce has reduced, stir in the spinach, a handful at a time, until wilted, 1-2 mins.
- Add the pasta and half the mozzarella and stir to combine and warm through, 1 min.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
TIP: Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if you feel it's too thick.
- Divide the salad leaves between plates and spoon the pasta over.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and chopped parsley.