Coconut Courgette Curry
Coconut Courgette Curry
with mushrooms and lemongrass rice
The gorgeous green courgette in this recipe is simmered and softened in a mild and creamy coconut curry sauce. Served with vibrant lemongrass rice and topped with crunchy cashews, this is a plant-based dish you won't want to miss!
Under 650 calories
Total Time40 minutes
Cooking Time35 minutes
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Korma Curry Paste
Exotic Mushroom Mix
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)2593 kJ
Energy (kcal)620 kcal
of which saturates15.9 g
of which sugars12.6 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Halve the lemongrass lengthways.
- Add 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and half the lemongrass. Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid. Leave to cook for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and leave aside for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (keep covered so the rice can continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, trim the courgette and halve lengthways. Slice widthways into 1cm half-moons.
- Trim the scallion and thinly slice. Separate the green and white portions.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Zest then quarter the lime.
- Trim the carrot then cut diagonally into thin slices (no need to peel).
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Place a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the white portion of the scallion, garlic, carrots, courgette and mushrooms. Fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the korma paste and remaining lemongrass along with the coconut milk.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the veg is tender, 8-10 mins.
TIP: Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- When everything is cooked, remove the lemongrass stalks from the curry and the rice.
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime into the curry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and stir through the lime zest.
- Divide the fragrant rice between plates and top with the creamy courgette curry.
- Sprinkle with sliced green scallion and cashews.
- Serve any remaining lime wedges alongside.