Coconut Courgette Curry
with mushrooms and lemongrass rice
The gorgeous green courgette in this recipe is simmered and softened in a mild and creamy coconut curry sauce. Served with vibrant lemongrass rice and topped with crunchy cashews, this is a plant-based dish you won't want to miss!
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Korma Curry Paste
Exotic Mushroom Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Halve the lemongrass lengthways.
- Add 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) to a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and half the lemongrass. Bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid. Leave to cook for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, trim the courgette and halve lengthways. Slice widthways into 1cm thick half-moons.
- Trim the scallion and thinly slice. Separate the green and white portions.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Zest then quarter the lime.
- Trim the carrot then cut diagonally into thin slices (no need to peel).
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Place a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the white portion of the scallion, garlic, carrots, courgette and mushrooms until softened, 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the korma paste and coconut milk along with the remaining lemongrass.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the veg is tender, 8-10 mins.
TIP: Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if it becomes too thick.
- When everything is cooked, remove the lemongrass stalks from the curry and the rice.
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime into the curry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and stir through the lime zest.
- Divide the fragrant rice between plates and top with the creamy courgette curry.
- Sprinkle with sliced green scallion and cashews.
- Serve any remaining lime wedges alongside.