Pork in Mustard Sauce
with roast potatoes and carrots
Golden roast potatoes, gently charred carrots and creamy mustard sauce with a kick are combined with tender cooked pork loin for a dish that's classic and comforting in equal measure.
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Pork Loin Steak
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Pop the potato chunks onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with dried oregano, salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Trim the carrots then halve lengthways (no need to peel). Chop into roughly 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Pop the carrots onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- Roast on the middle shelf of the oven until tender, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, sear the pork loin fat-side down until crispy, 2-3 mins.
- Once seared, fry until cooked, 4-5 mins on each side.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate, cover and allow to rest. IMPORTANT: The pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Return the (now empty) pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the garlic until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add mustard, honey, stock powder and creme fraiche for the sauce.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until thickened, 3-4 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add a splash of water to thin the sauce if needed.
- When everything is cooked, thinly slice the pork widthways and divide between plates.
- Serve the potatoes and carrots alongside.
- To finish, spoon over the creamy mustard sauce.