Roast Bell Pepper Risotto
Roast Bell Pepper Risotto
with fresh basil and chilli
Risotto is a classic Italian dish consisting of rice that's slowly cooked with stock until it's rich and creamy. This particular one is of the veggie variety and features juicy tomatoes and fresh chilli for optional added bite.
•One Pot Wonder
Total Time35 minutes
Cooking Time40 minutes
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)741 kcal
Energy (kJ)3102 kJ
of which saturates13.4 g
of which sugars11.6 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
•Pan with Lid
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Deseed and finely chop the chilli.
- Cut the tomato into 1cm cubes.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips. Pop onto a lined baking tray. Season with salt and pepper. When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until soft and charred, 15-18 mins.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic with a drizzle of oil.
- Lower heat and fry for 5 mins, or until onions are softened.
- Add the risotto rice, stir and cook until the edges of the rice are translucent, 1-2 mins.
- Dilute the stock with 1L hot water (double for 4p).
- Stir in a ladle of your stock. When the stock has been absorbed by the rice, stir in another ladle.
- Keep the pan on medium heat and continue stirring in stock, letting it absorb each time.
- Add additional water if the risotto becomes too dry.
- Stir the diced tomato through the risotto.
- Add the remaining stock to the risotto and let the rice slowly absorb the stock again. Keep stirring.
- The cooking time should take 25-30 mins and your risotto is done when the rice is al dente—cooked through but with a tiny bit of firmness left in the middle.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces.
- Roughly tear the basil leaves.
- Stir the grated Italian-style cheese into the risotto together with half the basil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and let stand, covered, for 2 mins.
- Divide the risotto between your plates.
- Garnish with the roasted pepper and torn mozzarella.
- Add chilli to taste (use less if you don't like spice).
- Garnish with the rest of the basil.