Thai Style Beef Noodles
with bell pepper and charred courgette
Toss out the take away menu! These Thai Style noodles are lightning quick to prepare and exactly the kind of fresh, healthy, homemade dish you really want this week. Your tastebuds will thank you.
Thai Style Spice Mix
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the noodles.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook until softened, 1-2 mins. Drain in a sieve.
- Return to the pot with a splash of oil. Toss to prevent sticking, cover and set aside.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the bell pepper, remove the core and seeds and thinly slice.
- Trim the courgette and cut into 1cm thick rounds.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger. Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Zest half the lime (double for 4p) then cut in half.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- When hot, cook the courgette until charred, 6-8 mins. Turn only every few mins.
- Add the beef mince and fry until browned, 5-6 mins. Use a spoon to break it up as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Once the mince has browned, lower the heat to medium then add the onion and pepper with a drizzle of oil if necessary.
- Cook until softened, 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally. IMPORTANT: Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add the ginger, Thai style spice mix, beef stock powder and 100ml water (double for 4p).
- Simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, 4-5 mins.
- When the liquid has reduced, stir in the ketjap manis.
- Stir through half the lime zest and half the coriander. Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked noodles to the pan and carefully toss to coat in the sauce.
- Once warmed through, remove from the heat.
- Share the Thai style beef noodles between bowls.
- Finish with a sprinkle of the remaining coriander and lime zest.