Thai Style Beef Noodles
with bell pepper and charred courgette
Toss out the take away menu! These Thai Style noodles are lightning quick to prepare and exactly the kind of fresh, healthy, homemade dish you really want this week. Your tastebuds will thank you.
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
Thai Style Spice Mix
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook until softened, 4-6 mins. Drain in a sieve.
- Return to the pot with a splash of oil.
- Toss to prevent sticking, cover and set aside.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve the bell pepper, discard the core and seeds and thinly slice.
- Trim the courgette and cut into 1cm thick rounds.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Cook the courgette until charred, 6-8 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Turn every 2-3 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a separate large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the beef mince, pepper and ginger until browned, 6-8 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Use a spoon to break the mince up as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Add the Thai spice and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add the lime juice, stock powder, ketjap manis, sweet chilli sauce, chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice) and 50ml water (double for 4p) to the beef.
- Simmer together for 1-2 mins. IMPORTANT: Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, remove the mince from the heat.
- Add the drained noodles and charred courgette to the mince.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Share the Thai style beef noodles between bowls.
- Finish with a sprinkling of lime zest.