Homemade Apple Beef Burgers
with crispy chips and marinated onion
Grated apple provides an easy way to add taste and texture to a burger. Perfectly crispy chips and creamy mayo are further welcome additions to this dish.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- Cook on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Quarter the apple and remove the core and seeds.
- Coarsely grate one-quarter of the apple and set aside.
- Cut the remaining apple lengthways into thin slices.
- Peel the onion then slice into thin rings.
- In a large bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion rings to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Leave to marinate until serving.
TIP: The thinner you slice the onion the less bite it will have.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mince with the grated apple and the breadcrumbs. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix everything together with your hands.
- Roll into even-sized balls, then shape into 1cm thick burgers, 1 per person.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12-14 mins.
- Carefully turn every 3-4 mins, adjusting the heat if needed. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, remove pan from heat and divide the cheese between burgers. Cover and set aside until the cheese is melted, 3-4 mins.
- Pop the buns into the oven to warm, 2-3 mins.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of mayo over each base bun.
- Top with beef burger, apple slices and marinated onion. Close with the top bun.
- Serve with chips and any remaining apple slices alongside.