Pesto Chicken Burger and Bacon Baby Potatoes
with balsamic salad
This Italian-inspired burger features a moreish pesto mayo, tangy balsamic salad, and, perhaps best of all, golden crumbed chicken breast sandwiched between two beautiful brioche buns. As if that's not enough, smashed cheesy bacon baby potatoes round out the dish.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Halve any larger potatoes.
- On a lined baking tray, toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Roast on the top shelf of the oven, 15-20 mins.
- After 20 mins, remove from the oven. Lightly crush each potato with the bottom of a pan.
- Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Return to the top shelf of the oven until golden, 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the pesto and mayo.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the balsamic glaze, 1 tbsp of oil (double for 4p), salt and pepper. This is your dressing!
- Trim the baby gem, halve lengthways and thinly slice widthways.
- Just before serving, toss the salad leaves through the balsamic dressing.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Lay the chicken out on a board.
- Place your hand flat on top of the chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Repeat with the other breast(s).
- Season with salt and pepper.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh.
- Beat one egg (double for 4p) in a medium bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a separate bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken first into the egg and then the breadcrumbs, ensuring it's completely coated.
- Transfer to a clean plate.
- Place a large pan over high heat with just enough oil to cover the bottom.
- Once hot, lay the chicken into the pan, reduce the heat to medium-high and fry until golden brown and cooked through, 8-10 mins.
- Turn every 2-3 mins and adjust the heat if necessary. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, pop the buns into the oven to warm through, 1-2 mins.
TIP: Cook in batches if the pan is too crowded.
- When everything's ready, spread the pesto mayo over the cut side of the bun lids.
- Top the bun bases with a handful of balsamic salad.
- Load on the crumbed chicken, then sandwich shut with the bun lids.
- Serve the remaining salad and cheesy bacon smashed potatoes alongside.
- Sprinkle sliced scallion over the potatoes to finish.