Sticky BBQ Chicken
with wedges and garlicky veg
Garlicky veg and crispy wedges accompany sweet and savoury BBQ chicken in this dish the whole household is sure to enjoy.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season with BBQ rub, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer and roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, trim the carrot and halve lengthways (unpeeled). Slice widthways into ½ cm semicircles.
- Peel and grate garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a hand on top of the chicken breast. Slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Trim the bottom of the broccolini and discard.
- Add the broccolini and carrot to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender and slightly charred, 4-5 mins, then add the garlic and fry until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil. Cook until tender, 4-5 mins. Once cooked, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the chicken steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook through, 3-6 mins on each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the BBQ sauce, a splash of water and a knob of butter (if you have any) to the pan.
- Once the butter has melted, use a spoon to baste the chicken in the BBQ sauce.
TIP: Add another splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Plate up the BBQ chicken with the veg and wedges alongside.
- Drizzle over any sauce remaining in the pan.