Super Speedy Pork Udon
with teriyaki sauce and bell peppers
Sugar snaps and bell pepper add a healthy crunch to this tangy teriyaki dish. In contrast, the udon noodles that accompany have a pleasingly soft and dense chewiness to them. They also happen to be great for soaking up strong flavours like the umami teriyaki in this recipe.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Sugar Snap Peas
Not included in your delivery
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Slice the sugar snap peas in half.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, stir-fry the pepper until just soft, 3-4 mins.
- Add the pork mince to the pepper and cook until browned, 5-6 mins.
- Use a spoon to break it up as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once the pork is browned, add the sugar snaps and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce and 50ml water (double for 4p). Cook for 1 min more.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
TIP: Add a splash of water if the sauce is a little dry.
- Carefully separate the noodles with your hands.
- Gently toss them through the sauce.
- Cook until warmed through, 2-3 mins.
- Share the teriyaki pork noodles between bowls.