Sweet Potato and Courgette Salad
with crunchy croutons and crumbled Greek style cheese
This warm veg salad is adorned with all sorts of wonderful things. Crispy croutons, softened onion and salty Greek style cheese are just a few factors in this delicious and healthy dish.
Greek Style Cheese
Red Wine Vinegar
(Contains Wheat, Barley May be present Soya, Milk)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the sweet potato into 2cm chunks. Place on a lined baking tray. Toss with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Roast on the top shelf of the oven until tender, 25-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes.
- When the sweet potato has been cooking for 10 mins, add the tomatoes to the tray with a drizzle of oil. Mix together and return to the top shelf for the remaining cooking time, 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Trim the courgette then slice into 1cm thick rounds.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the onion and courgette and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, tear the baguette into small, bite-sized croutons.
- Add the croutons to a (separate) lined baking tray with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven until crispy and golden, 8-10 mins.
- Give the tray a shake halfway through.
TIP: Watch them carefully so they don't burn!
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p) together with the red wine vinegar, honey and mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix well and set aside.
- When the onion and courgette have softened, stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 min more.
- Remove from the heat and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- When ready, remove the veg and croutons from the oven, add to the bowl and gently mix.
- Let everything sit for a couple of mins to allow the croutons to absorb the flavours.
- Carefully fold the rocket into the bowl with the veg and croutons.
- Divide your warm veg salad between plates.
- Finish everything with a generous crumble of Greek style cheese.