BBQ Beef Rigatoni
BBQ Beef Rigatoni
with chilli pepper and cheddar cheese
Ragu is a classic Italian dish that's notoriously rich. This BBQ beef version takes things up a notch with an added sweet, tangy and spicy flavour profile.
Total Time20 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)3455 kJ
Energy (kcal)826 kcal
of which saturates14.8 g
of which sugars19.2 g
Dietary Fiber1.4 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni and cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 1cm chunks (or as small as you're able).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed then finely chop.
- Place a pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the beef mince, bell pepper and chopped onion.
- Cook until the beef is browned and veg is tender, 5-6 mins. Use a wooden spoon to break up the beef as it cooks.
- When cooked, add the garlic and Worcester sauce. Cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, 1 min. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once the garlic has cooked, add the passata, beef stock powder and 100ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened, 8-10 mins.
- Once the sauce has reduced, pop the BBQ sauce into the pan and bring to the boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pop the drained rigatoni into the pan.
- Mix well to combine and remove from the heat.
- Share the BBQ beef pasta between your bowls.
- Top with the grated cheese and a sprinkle of chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice).