Black Bean and Avocado Loaded Tortillas
with Greek style cheese and DIY zesty chilli dip
Flavours and textures abound in this simple, speedy and delicious tortilla dish. Pile yours high with cumin spiced beans, delicious Greek style cheese, generous chunks of avocado and nutty toasted seeds. The DIY zesty chilli sauce is simple to assemble but really packs a punch.
Greek Style Cheese
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven (for the tortillas) to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Drain and rinse the black beans in a sieve.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Halve and thinly slice the tomato.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp sugar (double for 4p), lemon zest, lemon juice and chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: If you want to avoid turning on your oven, you can dry-fry the tortillas in a pan instead.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Toast half the sesame seeds (double for 4p) until golden brown, 2-3 mins. Once toasted, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the cumin and half the beans until fragrant, 2-3 mins. Crumble in half the cheese and mash the beans and cheese together with a fork.
- Stir in the remaining beans and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, crumble the remaining Greek style cheese.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Cut the avocado into chunks (while still in its skin). Use a spoon to scoop the flesh into a serving bowl.
- Pop the tortillas into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- In a salad bowl, mix the salad leaves with half the tomato slices.
- Drizzle with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad, bean mixture, avocado, remaining cheese, remaining tomato slices and sesame seeds in separate bowls.
- Plate up the warmed tortillas and allow everyone to top their own at the table.
- Finish with a drizzle of the zesty chilli sauce.