Harissa Spiced Chicken Steaks
with sweet potato wedges and broccoli
Pan-fried chicken is topped with spicy harissa paste in this simple yet satisfying recipe which also includes spiced sweet potato wedges and tender broccoli.
Middle Eastern Style Spice Mix
(Contains Sesame, Mustard)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the sweet potato into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a lined baking tray.
- Toss with Middle Eastern spice, salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Spread out in a single layer then roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Trim the tip of the broccoli. Cut head into small florets and stem into 2cm pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place one hand on top of the chicken. Slice through horizontally to make two steaks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until cooked through, 3-6 mins each side.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is due to the packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Spread harissa paste over the top of each chicken steak using the back of a spoon.
- Cover with foil and leave to the side to rest.
- Return the pan to high heat (with a drizzle of oil if required).
- Once hot, add the broccoli and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook for 1 min.
- Add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until the broccoli is tender, 4-5 mins.
- Divide your harissa spiced chicken between plates. Drizzle over the sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve the sweet potato wedges and garlicky broccoli alongside.
- Drizzle over any juices that remain in the foil.
- Finish with a sprinkling of parsley.