Christmas Roast Turkey Dinner
with balsamic bacon Brussels sprouts and roast potatoes
A specially made festive recipe for you to enjoy this holiday season!
Red Wine Jus
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9. Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Coat the bottom of a deep baking tray with oil. Pop into the oven.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 4cm chunks.
- Boil potatoes until edges are soft, 7-8 mins.
- Drain in a colander. Sprinkle on 1 tbsp flour (double for 4p) and shake to fluff up. Carefully add to the baking tray. Turn to coat in the oil. Season with salt. Roast on the top shelf until golden, 35-40 mins.
- Meanwhile, trim the carrot and halve lengthways (no need to peel). Chop into 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Pop the carrots onto one side of a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle over the thyme, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer. Roast on the middle shelf of the oven until tender, turning halfway, 25-30 mins.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p), garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the herby butter over the turkey.
- Lay the turkey onto the other side of the baking tray with the carrots.
- Pop back in the oven and roast until turkey is cooked through, 20-30 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw turkey and its packaging. Turkey is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, trim the Brussels sprouts and halve through the root.
- When the potatoes have 10 mins left to cook, place a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry sprouts and bacon until starting to brown, 3-4 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of water and cover.
- Cook until sprouts are tender, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
TIP: If you like, use the waiting time to do some washing up.
- Place a pot over high heat with the red wine jus and 2 tbsp butter (double for 4p). Bring to the boil.
- Add a splash of water to loosen if required. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the sprouts and bacon are cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the balsamic glaze and 1 tbsp of butter (double for 4p) until melted. IMPORTANT: Cook lardons thoroughly.
- When the carrots are cooked, drizzle over the honey and toss to coat.
- Share the herby turkey between plates.
- Serve the honeyed carrots, balsamic Brussels sprouts and roast potatoes alongside.
- Add a dollop of cranberry chutney to each plate.
- Finish by drizzling the red wine jus over the turkey.