Haddock in Herby Yoghurt Sauce
with roast potatoes and carrots
A cooking method known as parboiling is employed in this deceptively simple recipe to ensure that the carrots and potatoes are almost melt-in-your-mouth tender, much like the haddock they accompany.
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes and carrots.
- Trim the carrot then quarter lengthways (no need to peel).
- Cut the potato into long, narrow wedges (peeling optional).
- Once water is boiling, add the carrots and potatoes to the pot.
- Cook (lid on) until softened, 8-10 mins.
- Drain in a colander and return to the pot.
- Allow to steam without lid, 30 secs.
- Spread the drained veg out on a lined baking tray.
- Pat dry then drizzle on 2 tbsp oil (double for 4p) along with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chives.
- In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt, mustard and chopped chives.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the veg has 5 mins cooking time left, melt 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the haddock and fry, 2-3 mins on each side, or until cooked through. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw fish. The fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the carrots and potatoes between plates.
- Serve the haddock alongside, drizzling over any buttery juices from the pan.
- Finish with a drizzle of the yoghurt chive sauce.