Pork Chilli Flatbread
with cheese, tomato and scallion
Pork chilli flavoured with Mexican-inspired spices and chipotle paste is loaded onto warmed golden flatbreads and finished with gorgeous melted cheese, all topped off with a drizzle of tangy BBQ sauce.
Mexican Style Spice Mix
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the pork mince and fry until browned, 5-6 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Break it up with a spoon as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, pop the naan onto a lined baking tray and into the oven to warm, 3-4 mins.
- Drain and rinse the black beans in a sieve.
- Chop the tomato into 1cm chunks.
- Add the Mexican spice to the pork and fry until fragrant, 1 min.
- Stir in the beans, passata, stock powder, ½ tsp sugar and 75ml water (double both for 4p).
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer until thickened slightly, 3-4 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix 1 tbsp of oil, ½ tsp of sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and toss to coat.
TIP: Add a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Once simmered, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chipotle paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Distribute the pork chilli evenly between the warmed flatbreads, leaving a 1cm border around the edge as the crust.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and pop back into the oven.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, 6-7 mins.
- While the flatbread bakes, trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Toss the sliced scallion together with the tomato.
- Share the warm flatbreads between plates.
- Top with the tomato and scallion.
- Drizzle the mayo and BBQ sauce over the top.