Turkey Mince and Black Bean Tacos
with chipotle tomatoes and pickled onion
Pile these tacos high with toppings—the way they're intended to be eaten! Spicy, meaty beans, chipotle tomatoes, something green in the form of salad leaves and pickled onion for added bite make these an abundant and exciting choice of midweek meal.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven (for the tortillas) to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Chop the tomatoes into 2cm chunks.
- Drain and rinse the black beans in a sieve.
- Juice half the lime and cut the rest into thick wedges.
TIP: If you want to avoid turning on your oven you can dry-fry your tortillas in a pan instead!
- In a bowl, mix the lime juice with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Add half the onion.
- Give it a good stir then set aside.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the mince and fry until browned, 6-8 mins.
- Use a spoon to break it up as it cooks. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once browned, add the remaining onion and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2-3 mins.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add 100ml water (double for 4p) to the pan along with the stock powder and stir to dissolve.
- Stir in the black beans and gently crush with the back of a fork.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, 5-6 mins.
- Stir through a knob of butter and the chipotle paste.
- Meanwhile, add the tomatoes to a bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- When the mince is nearly ready, pop the tortillas into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
TIP: Add a splash of water to the mince if you feel it's become too dry.
- Divide the warmed tortillas between plates and spoon over the mince and black bean mixture.
- Top with the salad leaves then spoon over the tomatoes.
- Finish with the pickled onion and drizzle of mayo.
- Serve with lime wedges alongside.