Steak and Cauliflower Rice
with parsley butter and veg
Cauliflower rice is lower in calories and higher in fibre than regular rice, making it a great substitute for those looking to make healthy changes in their diet. It's also the perfect understated pairing for the rich steak and moreish veg in this recipe.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Quarter the cauliflower. Grate on the coarse side of your grater to make ‘rice’.
- Halve, peel and quarter the onion, then separate the layers.
- Pop the onion onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar, then season with salt and pepper.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until softened, 15-20 mins.
TIP: You can use a food processor to make the rice if you've got one.
- Cut the broccoli into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Finely chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Put 2 tbsp butter (double for 4) in a small bowl and mash with a fork until soft. Stir in the garlic and parsley. Set aside.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, lay the beef into the pan. Fry until browned, 2-3 mins on each side.
- Lower heat to medium and cook for another 1-2 mins on each side if you want it medium-rare.
- Once done, remove from pan. Cover and allow to rest. Meat is safe to eat when outside is browned.
TIP: Cook for 1-2 mins extra on each side if you like it more well done.
- Return the (now empty) pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the broccoli to the pan and fry for 2-3 mins, then add a splash of water.
- Pop a lid on the pan, or cover in foil, and cook until tender, 4-5 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set the broccoli aside and wipe the pan.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat with a drizzle oil and a knob of butter.
- When hot, add the cauliflower rice and cook until slightly softened, 3-4 mins, stirring regularly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cauliflower rice, broccoli and roasted onion between plates.
- Slice the steak and serve alongside.
- Finish with a spoon of garlic parsley butter.