Coconut Fish Curry
with coriander and lemon
Fish curry is a popular genre of dish in Indian cuisine which can take many different forms. The creaminess in this particular recipe comes in the form of coconut milk, which also helps to temper the mild spices in this dish.
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rice.
- Peel and grate the garlic.
- Halve, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Trim the carrot and cut it into small pieces.
- Stir the coconut milk or shake the packet to dissolve any lumps.
- Place a large pan over medium-low heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the onion, garlic and North Indian spice mix. Fry for 2 mins.
- Add the carrot, stock, half the coconut milk and half the chopped tomatoes (double both for 4p).
- Simmer, covered, for 12-15 mins over medium-low heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add the rice to the boiling water. Cook for 12-15 mins.
- Drain in a sieve and pop back in the pan.
- Cover with a lid and leave to the side until ready to serve.
- Cut the hake into 4 equal-sized pieces. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw fish. The fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- In the last 6-8 mins, add the fish to the pan and continue cooking over medium-low heat.
- Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the coriander, stalks and all.
- Zest half the lime (double for 4p). Cut into thick wedges.
- Divide the rice and fish curry between bowls.
- Garnish with lime zest and coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges alongside.