Cumin Spiced Chicken Tacos
with zesty apple salad
A Mexican staple with North African flavours? You'll be surprised how well it works! These chicken and bean tacos are lightly spiced with ras-el-hanout for a fun new twist on a familiar dish.
Diced Chicken Breast
Dried Chilli Flakes
Red Kidney Beans
(May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven (for the tortillas) to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Toss the chicken with a drizzle of oil, the ras-el-hanout and a pinch of salt and pepper.
TIP: You can also dry-fry the tortillas in a pan if you prefer.
- Once the pan is hot, add the chicken.
- Fry until golden brown on the outside and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the kidney beans in a sieve.
- Mash the beans with a fork (or a potato masher).
- Zest and juice half the lemon (double for 4p).
- Mix half the lemon juice with the beans and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Quarter, core and thinly slice the apple (peeling optional).
- Pop half the tortillas (double for 4p) into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- Just before serving, toss the salad leaves and apple slices with a drizzle of oil, the remaining lemon juice and the lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble your tacos, divide the warmed tortillas between plates.
- Spread a spoonful of yoghurt over each then sprinkle salt and chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice).
- Top with some dressed salad leaves, the chicken and beans.
- Serve the chicken tacos alongside the remaining salad.
- Top with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds.