Pesto Stuffed Chicken
with sweet potato mash and chorizo green beans
Perfectly tender yet crisp green beans are always a treat for the senses, but in this recipe, they're kicked up a notch with a chorizo and hazelnut crumb. The perfect pairing for cheesy pesto stuffed chicken and creamy sweet potato mash.
(Contains Hazelnuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 2cm chunks.
- When water is boiling, cook until fork tender, 15-20 mins. Drain in a colander and return to the pot, off the heat.
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of water or milk. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, mix the pesto and cheese together in a bowl.
- Cut a horizontal pocket into the chicken. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Stuff the pocket with the pesto and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Beat 1 egg (double for 4p) in a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs to another bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Holding the pocket together, carefully dip the chicken first into the egg then the breadcrumbs. Ensure it's completely coated.
- Place the crumbed chicken breasts onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle a little oil over the tops of both breasts.
- Bake until cooked through, 20-25 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, trim the green beans. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Place a pan over medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, dry-fry the hazelnuts, stirring, until toasted, 2-3 mins. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the chorizo and fry until it starts to brown, 3-4 mins. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil, if required.
- Once hot, add the green beans and fry until starting to char, 2-3 mins.
- Stir in the garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook for 1 min.
- Add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until tender, 4-5 mins. Remove the pan from the heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pesto stuffed chicken between plates.
- Serve the sweet potato mash alongside.
- Plate up the tender green beans, scattering the hazelnuts and chorizo over the top.