Tofu Peanut Stir-fry
with pak choi and carrots
This tofu peanut dish features crispy tofu and an optional egg, meaning it's packed with protein. The tender veg provides added vitamins and minerals for a healthy, quick and satisfying stir-fry.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- Drain the tofu, cut into 2cm cubes and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the tofu until slightly crispy, 7-10 mins. Shift frequently to ensure it doesn't burn. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, halve the lime.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Trim and grate the carrot (no need to peel).
- Trim the pak choi then thinly slice widthways.
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve. Return to the pot (off the heat) with a splash of oil. Toss to prevent sticking.
- Return the (now empty) pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, fry the garlic, pak choi and carrot until tender, 3-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, to a medium bowl, add the soy sauce, peanut butter, the juice from half the lime and 50ml water (double for 4p).
- Mix vigorously until everything is well combined.
- Whisk 1 egg (double for 4p) in a bowl.
- Shift the veg to one side of the pan.
- Pour the egg into the empty side of the pan and gently mix with a spatula to create a scrambled texture.
- Stir-fry everything together for 2-3 mins.
- Add the sauce to the veg and mix together. Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary.
- Toss the cooked noodles through the sauce until fully coated.
- Cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Add the tofu and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the tofu stir-fry between bowls.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime juice.