Baked Greek Style Cheese
with tomatoes, cucumber and bulgur
Baked cheese can never be a bad thing, and the herby, warm, creamy Greek style cheese in this recipe certainly proves this point. Roasted veg, crunchy cucumber and fluffy bulgur further add to this sublime salad.
Greek Style Cheese
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Peanut, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Trim the aubergine, then cut into roughly 1cm pieces.
- Pop the aubergine onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer. When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the aubergine is soft and golden, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Arrange the onion in an oven dish. Add the whole Greek style cheese on top and scatter the tomatoes all around.
- Add the garlic cloves (without peeling).
- Drizzle generously with oil and sprinkle with half the dried thyme and oregano (double both for 4p).
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the tomatoes are cooked and the Greek style cheese is lightly golden around the edges.
- Pour 240ml water (double for 4p) into a large pot, stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the bulgur, bring back up to the boil and simmer for 1 min.
- Pop a lid on the pot and remove from the heat.
- Leave to the side for 12-15 mins or until ready to serve.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, cut the cucumber in half lengthways. Remove the seeds with a small spoon, then cut into half rings.
- Pick the parsley leaves from the stalks and chop (discard the stalks).
- Divide the bulgur between your bowls and carefully place a portion of Greek style cheese on top of each.
- Spoon the tomato and onion mixture and the aubergine all around.
- Carefully squeeze the garlic out of its skin once cooled and mix with any juices that have collected in the oven dish. Drizzle the juices over the cheese.
- Serve with the cucumber, garnish with parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.