Homemade Cheesy Bean Nachos
with creme fraiche and coriander
These fully loaded nachos are laden with melted cheese and spiced beans. A dish that's as fun to make as it is to eat—and which the whole family can enjoy.
Red Kidney Beans
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Zest the lime. Squeeze half and cut the rest into wedges.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- In a small bowl mix the creme fraiche together with the lime zest.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the chopped tomato, Mexican spice mix and chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice).
- Stir to combine then leave to simmer until thickened and slightly sticky, 6-8 mins.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans in a sieve.
- Add the beans to the pot along with the lime juice and half the coriander.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pop the beans into an oven dish.
- Scatter the grated cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 8-10 mins, until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, cut each tortilla into quarters to create even-sized triangles (use scissors if you like).
- Lay out on a baking tray in a single layer (use two trays if necessary).
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 mins, until crispy and golden.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
- When ready, share the baked tortilla chips between plates.
- Top with a serving of cheesy beans and a sprinkling of the remaining coriander.
- Finish with a dollop of the zesty creme fraiche.
- Serve lime wedges alongside.