Pork Loin and Herby Chips
with tender green beans and cherry tomatoes
Crispy thyme-coated chips are the perfect savoury and herbaceous accompaniment to tender buttery pork and green beans in this dish.
Pork Loin Steak
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (unpeeled).
- Pop onto a lined baking tray.
- Toss with salt, pepper, thyme and a drizzle of oil. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Pop half into a small piece of foil with a drizzle of oil and scrunch to enclose.
- Add the garlic parcel to the tray with the chips to cook, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, grate the remaining garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Trim the green beans.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the green beans, cherry tomatoes and grated garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 min, then add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until tender, 4-6 mins. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Once the garlic in the oven has roasted, carefully remove it from the foil.
- Pop into a bowl and mash with 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- Season with salt and pepper then mix to combine and set aside.
- Return the pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, sear the pork loin, fat-side down, until crispy, 2-3 mins.
- Reduce the heat to medium and once seared, fry until cooked, 4-5 mins on each side.
- When 1 min of cooking time remains, add the garlic butter, allow to melt and use a spoon to baste the pork in it.
- Once cooked, transfer from the pan, cover and allow to rest, 1-2 mins. IMPORTANT: Pork is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Thinly slice the pork.
- Plate up the butter-basted pork with the herby chips and veg alongside.
- Drizzle any remaining buttery juices from the pan over the top.