Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Burger
with sesame wedges and zesty carrot
There are many Asian-inspired elements to this Teriyaki chicken dish. The zesty carrot ribbons, sesame-coated wedges and umami flavour all work together to create a unique eating experience that elevates this beyond your average burger.
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Dried Chilli Flakes
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, trim and peel half the carrot (double for 4p).
- Run the peeler down the length of the carrot to create long ribbons, stopping at the core.
- Zest and juice half the lime (double for 4p).
- Pop the lime juice into a large bowl and mix with three-quarters of the mayo.
- Add the carrot ribbons to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper, mix together, then set aside.
- Lay the chicken out on a board.
- Place your hand flat on top of the chicken breast. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks.
- Repeat with the other breast(s)
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chicken steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook through, 3-6 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, reduce the heat to low and add the lime zest, teriyaki sauce and chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice) to the pan, stirring to combine.
- Remove from the heat and turn the chicken in the sauce to evenly coat.
- When the wedges are almost done, separate the burger buns.
- Pop into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- When everything is ready, spread a little of the remaining mayo over each bun base.
- Divide the carrot ribbons between buns.
- Top with the teriyaki chicken steaks and close with the bun lids.
- Serve your teriyaki burgers with the sesame potato wedges alongside.