Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
with spinach and cheese
Chicken is an ingredient that's often used in Cajun cuisine. Less often utilized might be rigatoni—but that's just part of the beauty of this creamy, Cajun spiced fusion pasta dish.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Cajun Spice Mix
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the chicken and shallot. Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
- Fry until chicken is browned on the outside, 3-4 mins.
- Add the garlic and Cajun spice. Cook, stirring, 1 min.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh.
- Add 100ml water, ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p), passata and stock powder to the pan.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 10-12 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once the sauce has thickened slightly, add the spinach a handful at a time, stirring until wilted.
- Stir through the creme fraiche and a knob of butter. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Season the sauce to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add the drained pasta to the creamy sauce and toss to combine.
- Divide your Cajun chicken pasta between bowls.
- Finish with a sprinkling of cheese.